Re: [Tigers] More 302 questions

To: <Gyroplanes@aol.com>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] More 302 questions
From: "Jerry & Maureen \(Mo\)" <JCMC2006@suddenlink.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 12:17:05 -0600
Using the 260 flywheel would be a bad thing to do.  The old 260/289 engines
used a 28 oz flywheel whereas the roller engines (newer) use a 50 oz
flywheel, they are NOT interchangeable. Also the timing marks on the newer
302s dampeners are on the passenger side whereas the older timing marks are
on the driver's side. Also there are different flywheels, one having 152
teeth the other 164, you can use either, but you have to make sure you have
the proper bell housing (and steel plate in-between) for the flywheel you
are using. Otherwise your starter will not mesh properly with the flywheel.

Jerry Christopherson
9473187