Re: [Tigers] More 302 questions

To: Gyroplanes@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] More 302 questions
From: Tom Parker <tkparker1941@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 16:31:26 -0500
My 2 cents:

1) Timing marks on the 302 crank damper should be ok. If memory serves,
timing is 10 degrees btdc with vacuum disconnected. It should be on the
damper.

2) an aftermarket 157 tooth flywheel will work fine. The original flywheel
has a 160 tooth ring gear. Rick at SS carries the 160 tooth gear; it only
fits the 160 tooth flywheel.  Both flywheels will work with the Ford
starter.

3) The 302 takes a 6 bolt bell housing (again, if memory serves). That's the
same as the '67 289; the early 260s had 5 bold bell housings.

Tom

' 67 Mark 2