[Tigers] Non Tiger...Mustang Bullitt

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Non Tiger...Mustang Bullitt
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 17:06:44 -0500 (EST)
I saw this quote in a newspaper.....".....Ford created two special edition
Bullitt Mustangs for consumers in 2001 and 2008. For the 2008 edition, ford
 engineers used a digitally mastered DVD of the movie to achieve just the
right  exhaust note."
I guess I assumed that in the movie the exhaust sound was from a sound
track and not the actual sound from the car.   Where would the  recording
device have been located?  To me it's like listening to a car  from about 20
ft.
away.  Would there have been a vehicle following with a  recording device?
Mark