Re: [Tigers] Non Tiger...Mustang Bullitt

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Non Tiger...Mustang Bullitt
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 14:58:28 -0800
>>>I guess I assumed that in the movie the exhaust sound was from a sound
>>>track and not the actual sound from the car. Where would the  recording
>>>device have been located?<<<

Actually the term "Motor Mouth" has more than one meaning. The sound effect
is actually created be a human voice in a sound booth.  Young boys (before
they can even reach the pedals) spend countless hours sitting in their
fathers car perfecting the variable sound of a motor. Young men reaching
puberty are actually the most sought after for this sound effect.  They are
not driving yet and have not lost this skill.  At the same time their voice
has lowered and they can effectively simulate the sound of a V-8 engine. :-)

But, if you don't believe that..., Buck works as a sound recorder, and
hopefully he will chime in.

Tom