Re: [Tigers] Replacing a rear wheel lug stud

To: tigers@autox.team.net, Thomas Witt <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Replacing a rear wheel lug stud
From: Tony Somebody <achd73@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 14:42:19 -0800 (PST)
I don't have a garage at my home but a shop on the other side of our small
town, so I can't just walk out and look but there "might" be one way that
would work. A hole drilled thru the brake backing plate. As the backing plate
is so close to the axle hub that it is impossible to get a lug bolt between
the two- least wise not square enough to insert the new bolt. It would have to
be inspected and see that it wouldnt interfere with anything, be large enough
for the big end to pass thru and you would want to match the size with a hole
plug so with a bit of silicone and the plug, no water, dirt etc would get
inside of the hub. I dont know if this is possible but it may be worth looking
at.
TtT