Re: [Tigers] More cubes for Tiger

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] More cubes for Tiger
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 12:55:54 -0800
Wait..., I think I have solved the whole matter (LOL):

  Ford refuses to sell Rootes 289's because they need them for their own
production (Mustangs especially). Thus, they offered Rootes 260's at a good
price. This helped Rootes because they didn't want to invest in additional
289 testing.

 Ford was happy to sell an obsolete, non-competitive engine size. Rootes was
happy to get engines that were cheaper both in initial cost and also not
needing additional testing (heat/torque issues).

All this made Shelby happy because his 289 Cobras stood out from the 260
Tigers.

  As Archie Bunker says, "Case Closed Edith!"  :-)

Tom