Re: [Tigers] Attaching a Rollbar

To: Allan Ballard <allanballard@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Attaching a Rollbar
From: Chris Thompson <chris@cthompson.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 16:50:17 -0400
How tall are you, Allan?  The bigger issue that you'll like have is
getting a roll bar sufficiently higher than your head and still be able
to close the top.

That being said, a bolt-in should do you ok.  Note that the AutoPower
roll bar is specifically marketed as a "show bar" as they don't consider
their own product to be sufficient for roll-over protection.  I'm not
sure why.  Although I can say that Virginia International Raceway thinks
the AutoPower bar looks ok, excepting that I don't pass the "broomstick
test", i.e. you can't lay a broomstick across the bar and the windshield
without my head getting in the way.....

Regards,

Chris
B382000331