Re: [Tigers] Brakes 3

To: "'Stu Brennan'" <stubrennan@comcast.net>, <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Brakes 3
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 23:36:14 -0400
Stu
        I measured some of the pads I have and the total thickness of pad
and backer is around .60".

I just measured a caliper with the pistons all the way in at 1.94" - 1.20
for the pads and .5" for the rotor = .024".

Your pads are .010" bigger than the distance in the caliper; if you have an
anti-squeal shim in the caliper it is even worst.

I would say that you need to thin those new pads to around .60" to have some
clearance.

Ron Fraser