Re: [Tigers] Brakes 3

To: <rfraser@bluefrog.com>, "'Stu Brennan'" <stubrennan@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Brakes 3
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 09:22:20 -0400
My math skills failed me last night on this one; nothing like a tired mind.

There should be around .24" to clear even those thick pads and anti- squeal
shims.

I would crack open the bleeder valve and push the pistons in all the way and
measure between the piston and the rotor.
You should be seeing around .87" on both sides or a least similar numbers on
both sides of the rotor.   It is possible that the piston is not going all
the way back or the caliper is not centered for some reason.

I would not think the rubber boot has enough spring force to create a
clamping force on the pads but I've been fooled before.

Ron Fraser