[Tigers] Oil consumption

To: allanballard@att.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: [Tigers] Oil consumption
From: Carmods@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 15:47:47 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Allen,

Without baffles, the oil gets sucked into the intake manifold through the
PVC tube and burned in the combustion chambers. If you remove the PVC tube
just  after running the engine, you will see oil inside the tube. There
should be  none.

I solved the rocker clearance problem by reinstalling the baffles closer to
 the cover's inside surface, especially where the rockers interfered and
installed an additional thick rubber gasket for more clearance.

I did some hammering to the sheet metal above the rocker cover for  more
installation clearance. The extra rubber gasket is flexible so it can be  slid
over the rocker cover and under the flange after the cover is in  place.

John Logan

In a message dated 9/7/2011 3:22:53 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,