[Tigers] Engine run in

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Engine run in
From: "Tim Webster" <crabco@shaw.ca>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 08:56:49 -0800
Hi to all,

There is a bewildering array of conflicting information on the www regarding
the engine run in process. I have my newly rebuilt 260 nearly ready to fire
and am looking to the list for what is the best way to accomplish this job
in a way that will ensure a long and happy life for the engine (and by
extension, me).

The engine is .030 over and apart from that was restored to stock specs.
Questions might include;

-type of oil to use

-length of time before oil changes

-best rpm loading and duration of run in periods before allowing engine to
cool

-best way to ensure the engine will be free of air pockets (taking into
account the presence of the heater core

-best type of coolant to use

-thoughts on the use of synthetic oil during run in and/or after run in

It was gratifying this week to turn the key and hear her turn over without
having to grab a fire extinguisher, if you know what I mean...

Thank you,

Tim

tigers@autox.team.net