Re: [Tigers] Perspective

To: "Tigers" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Perspective
From: "Bob Hokanson" <tgrrr@meadowcrk.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 20:34:24 -0800
> I sometimes wonder if, big if, I ever had 2 Tigers at the same time, would
> have a stock Tiger and a modified Tiger?

Interesting you should pose that question.

I had both for awhile and ended up selling the stock one because after the
modified one, the stock one became uninspiring to drive. And I guess for me,
the performance was more important than original hose clamps.

I purchased my first Tiger in 1973 before they really became recognized as
collectables. It had been thoroughly trashed and I believe may have ended up
in the crusher if I had not rescued it.
It was easier and less expensive back then to modify it than it was to
restore it. Anyway, it has been the most fun toy I have ever owned.

I just got home from Florida where I looked at the 3 Tigers in the Mecum
auction and was rather surprised to see the money the 2 commanded.
The unsold 427 car obviously had some high dollar work on it but I was
surprised to see the steering rack still mounted way out front of the pulley
assembly.

While in Florida we were also able to connect with Steve Halbrook and spent
a very enjoyable evening with some other owners talking Tiger at an
impromptu dinner. Thanks Steve, we had a good time.

Now back home in the great white north of Idaho and Spring seems a long ways
away.

Bob H

tigers@autox.team.net