Re: [Tigers] Exhaust Manifold Issues

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Exhaust Manifold Issues
From: "Thomas Witt" <atwittsend@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2012 12:41:54 -0700
I have used anti seize compound (common Permatex) on the mating surfaces
were no exhaust gaskets are called for.  While I don't drive my hobby cars
much (500 miles per year) it seems to hold up well.  Because it forces out
the coating when bolted it is quite thin and cleans up well. The results are
similar to using the compound on exhaust bolts.

  My understanding is that exhaust manifold gaskets (for cars that did not
originally used them)  are available to compensate for warpage. Hence they
are a compensating.  So I would consider the anti seize compound for
situations where the manifold and the mating surface are rather straight.

Tom