Re: [Tigers] TAC Sticker?

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] TAC Sticker?
From: FHSLOTH13@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 10:24:17 -0500 (EST)
Full-name: FHSLOTH13
I think the main reason a list like this exists is to educate owners (or
caretakers, if you must) about the cars and their individual idiosyncracies
(sp?) and foibles. Many of the items pointed out on auction listed cars are
obvious to most of us, but new to those who just purchased a Tiger or who
are  thinking about one and want to be informed when they make an offer.

I owned (or took care of, if you must) a MKII new off the showroom  floor
in 1967 with only a radio as an option. I learned about traction bars, 4  bbl
carbs and manifolds and Hurst shifters from magazine articles and other
Ford 289 owners I knew, as the internet wasn't even a dream then.

I now own (or take care of, if you must) a MKI and a MKIA. I have learned
so much from the list since its inception that I could not have learned on
my  own, no matter how many books or magazines I read. I am better educated
and my  cars are better off for the information provided by the list.

My point is that no matter what someone does to their car, they have the
right to do it; if you don't like it that's your right and you can choose to
ignore the owner and the car.

I enjoy my cars for what they are -- pieces of automotive history that I
maintain to the best of my abilities. Are they perfect? Absolutely not. Are
they  fun and enjoyable? Absolutely yes.

But they are my cars to do with as I see fit. And constructive criticism is
always  welcome.

Fred Baum
9470768
382002353