Re: [Tigers] Electrical problem - ignition/ballast resistor?

To: Gary Winblad <garywinblad@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Electrical problem - ignition/ballast resistor?
From: Jay Laifman <jay.laifman@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 10:06:20 -0700
Cc: "tigers@autox.team.net Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Thank you everyone.  I will try some of the various suggestions this
weekend.

I've been kind of hoping it is not the solenoid since changing it looks
like such an amazing pain with the servo in the way.  I've often
accomplished some very difficult part replacements where I really had to
squirm and hold wrenches at all sorts of impossible angles.  This one looks
like it just might be too difficult.  And I'm not even sure just unbolting
the servo bracket gets me enough flexibility.

I still don't understand how if I have very little drop in voltage from the
battery though the fuse block, and through the ignition switch to the
solenoid start wire (.08V, i.e., 12.48 down to 12.4) that it is a
connection issue.  I also still don't understand how if the battery is old
with low amp power, why it works when I take the power to the solenoid
start wire straight from the battery.  And, I don't understand how it could
be a bad solenoid when it works fine when I power the solenoid start wire
directly.  But, tests are cheap and I'm happy to do them!

Jay