Re: [Tigers] Electrical problem - ignition/ballast resistor?

To: Jay Laifman <jay.laifman@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Electrical problem - ignition/ballast resistor?
From: Jim Sencindiver <jd.sencindiver@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 13:35:25 -0400
Cc: "tigers@autox.team.net Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Jay,

Had a similar problem and to make a long story short, I had significant
corrosion of the stranded battery ground cable where it joins the battery
lug connector.  With no load it would pass voltage with no problem, but try
to start the engine and the current would cause the connection to go to
hell.  Took me a week of playing with a multimeter to figure it out.

Keep on Tigering!
 Jim Sencindiver

B382100451/TAC 448
http://www.tigersunited.com/car_show/sencindiver_j/default.asp