Re: [Tigers] Fw: Questions\Issues

To: "'Joel Martin'" <jmartiniii@yahoo.com>, "'Tiger List Serve'" <Tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Fw: Questions\Issues
From: " Ron Fraser" <rfraser@bluefrog.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 16:34:48 -0400
Joel
        I have the Mustang II rubber spring perch with stock springs.  I
tried other combinations but I did not like the ride with heavier springs
nor the height with stock or Cat rubber parts.   The suspension needs to
have the car weight on it before tightening the suspension components.

The large bearing cap over the front axle nut does have a small hole - it
will equalize pressure as the bearings, grease and everything heats up and
cools down.

Are you talking about where there is a step at the inner fender?
There is a steel plate with 2 sheet metal screws that cover that area plus a
good bit of seal and undercoat.

Splitting and putting calipers back together can be tricky.  You have to
make sure all the surfaces are clean and flat.
I have reused the original seal with success but there is no guarantee.
Seems to me either Rich or Dale have some of those seals.  I would pull the
leaking caliper apart, inspect the flat areas, clean the seal and dry the
seal area then assembly.

Ron