Re: [Tigers] Stopping Distance

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Stopping Distance
From: "Robert D. Hogan" <robertdhogan@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 23:17:27 -0400
In a later article (#12 of the Flying Tiger by Tim Suddard) on Strengthening
and Upgrading Our sunbeam Tiger's Chassis, the author refers to using
195/55R15 Dunlop Direzza Sport Z1 Star Spec tires.  Whether those were the
same tires quoted as stopping in 160 feet (nee the 150 of expected
improvements with biasing) is to be determined. These tires would seemingly
not be accountable for such poor stopping performance unless I error in the
assumption of a compound not within the extreme of highest mileage and low
adhesion.

Rob