Re: [Tigers] Distributor vacuum line

To: genepadgett@comcast.net s=q20121106; t=1372648383; bh=GOCE6yPciZI4d4fsyvocvONE+gUIvEHdFiumdjnq4Q8=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=kB5uLqZenLTOJuYwJS3qErhaWQzaE62BBTJzHc6Z8Bbytw4KH8nMemQopokgCBPcw 7UWU1RZduhBgFZGdeVdcTbesiM2fSlcMa5XHGRGrBfyI/8S8X3lxckWrr6LcuIbbux f/ha4XwyxUyRLrjQiiN19fbP1YwFFJIM1P1i5pxqfhlkxM99xOJVebHr4B8O1e5W4n gCXwx6bEM0X7wycPTuy+CbYTAOgPDTb2SJSdEs5Z3xEAaKuF+8KQpsXN0LgGZAJDIH wURwmG06RxMk9kkuDYZmil9Lg7Lc2KcQQQOePPIC8nSUV2Z89G1LJCyotx1YC7DHYR NN3BuBeEHkVbw==
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Distributor vacuum line
From: Gary Winblad <garywinblad@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 03:13:03 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: tigers@autox.team.net
Gene.
On the original distributor, the entire fitting you need just unscrews.
At least in about 1992 when I did my rebuild, I was able to get a new diaphram
that allowed
it to screw in.  When you unscrew it, inside is a 'slug' that allows you to
limit the vacuum
advance.. was definitely needed too.
Gary

    ----- Original Message -----  From: genepadgett@comcast.net  To:
rfraser@bluefrog.com  Cc: tigers@autox.team.net  Sent: Mon, 01 Jul 2013
02:12:55 -0000 (UTC)  Subject: Re: [Tigers] Distributor vacuum line    Hi Ron,
Thanks very much. I greatly appreciate the info. I had given up on find these!
Gene     ----- Original Message -----  From: "Ron Fraser"    To:
genepadgett@comcast.net   Cc: tigers@autox.team.net   Sent: Sunday, June 30,
2013 8:37:24 PM   Subject: RE: [Tigers] Distributor vacuum line     Message
Thank Gene     I was looking at the end fittings. I could not find the Ford
part number but I did find a description.   Maybe someone on the List knows
the Ford part number for this fitting.     The fitting are a Brass Fitting -
Threaded Sleeve - Nut.     I have an OLD Weatherhead catalog - 3/16 tube -
threaded sleeve nut - 6100X3.     A quick Google search will give you several
sources - I saw one that showed $.90 per part and I'm sure there are better
prices.     I have a Parts + shop in my area that I think has those but not
sure. They had the 5/16 fuel line to carb fitting so I think they might carry
the nut too.     Hopefully someone local has them so you don't have to pay
huge shipping costs.     Ron Fraser         -----Original Message-----   From:
genepadgett@comcast.net [mailto:genepadgett@comcast.net]   Sent: Sunday, June
30, 2013 7:44 PM   To: rfraser@bluefrog.com   Cc: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Distributor vacuum line       Hi Ron,       Yes, full
length measured absolute tip to tip. Original line, off the car and retrieved
from storage shelf for measurement.       BTW, any idea where one can get a
fitting for the end that goes into the canister on the original distributor?
Pretty unique sealing tip on it. I did not not want to cut it off the original
line. I had my distributor rebuilt and figured out a way to use a part of a
compression coupler and a hand bent short piece of same sized line to make a
90 degree elbow to hook up a vacuum flexible line to my new carb. So I am good
to go with what I have, but have always been curious about that orginal line-
to- distributor hard line fitting.       Gene