Re: [Tigers] Distributor vacuum line

To: rfraser@bluefrog.com, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Distributor vacuum line
From: David or Gary Franchi <wwwdg@webtv.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 18:13:51 GMT FILETIME=[39753420:01CE8250]
I believe the reason there is no Ford part number shown in the Tiger parts book
is Ford didn't service the vacuum line. The Ford parts book for 1960 to 1964
(link below) and the 1965 to 1972 both state "12226 TUBE-DISTRIBUTOR
VACUUM-STEEL..NOT SERVICED-MAKE FROM 8C 2669-B" Since Ford didn't have a
number, Rootes wouldn't either. I wonder if there are any of these left in
inventory in England, I never tried to order one in the past. I don't believe
an original Ford line and Tiger line would be different, the only interference
problem I can see might be hood clearance.

David

Book Cover
http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL439/2051017/24149527/407213409.jpg

Page