Re: [Tigers] Gears and rpms

To: awtiger@cox.net, michael.s.king@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Gears and rpms
From: FHSLOTH13@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 10:05:14 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: tigers@autox.team.net
Full-name: FHSLOTH13
Seems to me that a change in rear end gear ratios would also be a ratio.
For example, going from 2.88 to 3.07 would give a ratio of 1.066. Taking this
 times the RPM at a speed using 2.88 gears and multiplying by 1.066 gives
the RPM  with the new gears at the given speed.

My Tiger runs 2400 RPM at 60 MPH with 2.88 gears. With 3.07 gears the RPM
would be approximately 2558 RPM. This assumes everything else stays the
same.

Fred Baum

In a message dated 8/7/2013 9:58:23 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,