Re: [Tigers] Fuel Pump Question

To: Jay Laifman <jay.laifman@gmail.com> s=q20140121; t=1401545579; bh=HtxPZ67SOLEczqihLURlG+IMyl5+us+xDcdosMR+lU0=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=LEflB/QIZ7PjdcMhFnLtUtwAKkN0b3USyz4p9G+6hRr5EPlSnTqgVv1NlBmRgiXUN sWDlAHgrYfBU4h3EtUJV9X2ImPKkLRxeYG8Lo4rNA+qircrh9aIYXFRB379BicI+RX MqEzkG5wpgb5VifqL3RFu7xH+YU92AGW8QQNc26U+24/IaxZU+V9PK2yDAl70yzNG+ vygj5zeOD+dia1CRYCqzvyEw6Q1pCePmT8wf3w+CoMdLLc5Fli/N2j/8HudHgd8PEN Nq6EFTvDD41LMjqjLOVOzr0M57M23cctp7bEpfUYP6+HSeJ2J6e1WYnxGBy12k/Jjs 2W9fO9QWXwlxw==
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Fuel Pump Question
From: Gary Winblad <garywinblad@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2014 14:12:57 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: "tigers@autox.team.net Den" <tigers@autox.team.net>
HI Jay,
Funny, I am right now fighting the same thing, bet it is the same.
I first noticed my old stock pump ran really slow when I turned the
key one day after not driving it for a while...
When it started, it barely ran.
Found that the fuel filter was full of little black rust(?) particles.
Removed it and let it pump fuel out for a while, no more came through.
Ran without a filter for a while and the car ran great.  Put in a new
filter.  Almost runs good now but still having idle problems like you.
Now I need to clean out the Holley I think...
At least my old pump is clicking away like usual!  BTW, the filter I
took off was the one I put in during the Bakersfield Tigers United
trip in 1995(?) when I had the same problem..
Gary