[Tigers] Fuel shutoff

To: <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Tigers] Fuel shutoff
From: "Stu Brennan" <stubrennan@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2014 14:26:40 -0400 s=q20140121; t=1402165596; bh=2MCvBLhi+87TRhxWvGB8cDef912OheTPL0qnR2fzrXY=; h=Received:Received:Message-ID:From:To:Subject:Date:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=lBwzKBfMFpekDII5kq6+LdUHsUbif4J7TZagr1gXzrkn1wq8Nqh7ceNB94JhDH0pP AYS8MNdOmLwyCpoJjo5ts6K+PkwcQhRYz2P2Bhcgau6tM0thQgm7OP4xuj2Md+NTcL Y9soAjcwVi5HQRIJEmfSVh7gC41mRnnnHHu1k0hR0Xw/ng3+8SdRabJRoU8sdDjcaw SWLdx35ZILFKjy5DtUuDud7BUA9l9RpRh4s4Diae3yuP+ybA7iL5DkERZkpK3Y1hSA th3JzlhfMdW23DFf98AaPM4dqpICTb4zpeVbEJZdxkhxgnaIlKF8gBGj+Idrm0sUrJ 1b6kyDx4T9QBA==
My fuel pump project got delayed again by an article in the current TE/AE
newsletter.   John Logan added a shutoff valve to his fuel line, under the
trunk floor, which led me to decide I really should add a valve to my pump
and filter relocation project.  John used a hardware store valve that seems
to be surviving exposure to fuel, but I started a search for a valve
intended for fuel applications.

An internet search turned up numerous valves, but most of them seem to be
intended for lawn maintenance equipment, or small motorcycles.  I'm
concerned that any of these could prove to be a flow restriction for
automotive flow rates.

The ideal valve would be an all metal  "ball valve" type, a 1/4 turn to
actuate, that when open provides little if any flow restriction.  I'm still
using the stock 5/16 size pipe, and would want to connect to this as simply
as possible.

Can anyone recommend a source for this sort of valve?

Stu Brennan