Re: [Tigers] Fuel shutoff

To: Stu Brennan <stubrennan@comcast.net> s=q20140121; t=1402597562; bh=wsoSR3Ke+Iv7e384B+RXxsWzba543UChwvLyu7pG08c=; h=Received:Received:Date:From:To:Message-ID:Subject:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=s9TuG6aY4KULs8gU71BSGNdgGJZ3ecAoeLO07ysasNq33sT3wqCBVqaWsLX1JDF51 AVNWHhdSsfz38lfuVDLhSh3NBJzzzqRx//h35uZrOXUpZpTXxNniWBzMiYJN6+EfAR /LMe/BmzYeI68BxQbIXF7iIcR48It7aJCLmzDl6gbfs/J8RlT9ibEq8gZFCbTXiu9C vq37mc8pz3wEqsfFuEk0cDNC5ak9JiQ35I3gTHIhyOd7cJI0j1eGzWJoKorlw4CoT4 D/EgAZD5BFRGG3sW8GmPbCk/5yJ3XMf17tMOpKCby35kfzz0/X8Ucse4iHI/w6aoGe O6i88+TB6EOsg==
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Fuel shutoff
From: genepadgett@comcast.net
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 18:26:02 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: tigers@autox.team.net
I put a inline pre filter and a fuel shutoff valve under my trunk as part of
converting to 3/8 fuel line. I used an Earl' Bulkhead Shutoff valve that had a
-6AN (3/8) outlet thread male end and a 3/8 female NPT inlet. Nice compact
shape with a 1/4 turn open to close lever. Designed for fuel. :>)

I used an adapter on the NPT side to get to a -6 AN fitting on the other side
for continued 3/8 line connection. I think you could adapt this into a 5/16 (-5
AN) line connection using couplers and reducers, but not sure how you would
connect to a steel line. I was running aluminum 3/8 line.

Got my valve and fittings from Summit Racing. Their part number for the valve
is EAR230502ERL.

You would probably have to bend down the protective flange under the trunk
floor to get everything installed and then bend it back a bit. You could cut
out a small section to get access to the valve lever with a Dremmel tool and
cutoff blade. I have seen that done.

Something to look into.

Gene