Re: [Tigers] Clutch Problem?

To: "Tiger Net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Clutch Problem?
From: "Stu Brennan" <stubrennan@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2014 21:07:41 -0400 s=q20140121; t=1404090468; bh=jB7y1Qovr++jRcP7gzJBpz5xIdrisswI9Qz1S/v0yIs=; h=Received:Received:Message-ID:From:To:Subject:Date:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=gJmNNiaoHc7uFlr2AwumAR9iS5UilpO3cgLWxQbYwgM5Z52uhGAB+dSYpEP2DiaPj KI2utBkoXclrEVtidlJrQ4mobXyrFqf/9CUSMT1/aElMGpGPJVZyNKLKUYi6etAKVh +MhbYIkSNTgvHx3t20g4LGh6zuNC/3bayrd02gj6tAh0Mq09Uri1S2cqrRCNa2swWq 8YQJuCtDVFwo8lOS3zOqOz85gdDryRlOV+LKr7tVqk9nyt0mAsULBiMINY23MBj4yr wR13oDG4jrHewXXvtQabDNit5NNS3NhM8jTbftqhSY9RtzgVw9DId2o8X+4jUnYC3y +HdWDJcAeBLAQ==
Hi Guys:

I guess we all agree.  Throwout bearing.  Thanks for all the replies.

Saturday AM I got the Tiger out for the first time since the problems were
noted.  I gave the carb and linkage a thorough spray cleaning with Gumout,
lubed all the linkages, and checked if the distributor bolt had loosened.
Nope.  I started the car, ran fine.  I watched the choke open as it warmed,
no problems.  But there was no noise from the clutch.  I went for a 20
minute drive around town, no problems, and it was warmer than last Sunday.
Then I saw Tod Brown's email, saying he had the same thing happen, the noise
would come and go, probably come more when it got really hot, before it
eventually had to be replaced.

So I guess that's it, I already had no more long trips planned for this
year.  But maybe soon it will have to come out. But while everything's
apart, maybe it would be a convenient time to swap a wide ratio gearset into
the toploader...

Stu