Re: [Tigers] Mark II Trim

To: Tod Brown <todbrown@roadrunner.com>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Mark II Trim
From: Cullen McCann <cmccann1972@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 08:57:31 -0500
Cc: "tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
I agree the 3d printers are going to revolutionize problems like these. I
don't know for sure if it would be the perfect solution considering the
material, but I like the thought behind it for these parts and possibly
others that are unobtainium. From what little I know, the printing is
probably not the hard part, its the accurate 3d Scan... getting a 3D
representation in the machine so the printer can cut the shape. pure shapes
are easy, but shapes as complex as wheel arch trim would be difficult to
model in the computer without having been scanned in 3d first. There are
machines out there that do this but I think they are even more specialized
than the 3D printer. Well... its worth noting as part of the process.

Cullen
Alpine 260