Re: [Tigers] Tiger GT

To: "Sandy Ganz" <sganz@pacbell.net>,"Tigers" <tigers-bounces@autox.team.net>,"tigers@autox.team.net" <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] Tiger GT
From: jay.laifman@gmail.com
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 20:45:45 +0000
I have an Alpine GT.  At sunbeamalpine.org you will find more than one thread
going over differences. A number of the differences were ultimately
incorporated into all Tigers.

The primary one is of course no top and the back of the rear shelf area does
not have anything.  So the top of the shelf area goes back a other 8" or so.
There are then wide padded flat caps that cover the sides and a small narrow
padded cap along the back edge.

The door insides were different. But these became standard on later Tigers.
There were first wide tops that went along the inside top of the doors. The
quarter windows had matching wider chrome at the topnof the door.  The panels
had metal edges that ran the length of the edges that made larger panels to the
edges of the doors. Thw doors themselves had little metal stands that helped
mount the panels - since the panels did not go into the recessed portion of the
door.

Alpine GTs also had wood dashes, wood steering wheels, wool carpets, and a
cabin light at the rear view mirror.

Alpine GT Engines were a little detuned with quieter air cleaner intakes and a
padded insulator mounted inside the bottom of the bonnet.

And of course a factory hardtop that matched the car color.