Re: VTR SE Rallye

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: VTR SE Rallye
From: Don Marshall <marshall@nefcom.net>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 11:14:03 -0400
At 10:28 AM 8/30/00 EDT, Herald948@aol.com wrote:

>> Would it be possible to auto-cross at the SE VTR if I dont have a
>>  complete trunk?  I've just started to autoX my Mk1 spit with the
>>  SC SCCA and was really hopeing to run at that se vtr...
>>  BUT....  I got rear ended... so its not street able right now
>>  see:  http://www2.netcom.com/~dagger/deadspit_2.jpg
>
>I think it depends on your definition of "complete trunk"! SOP in an
>autocross is to remove any and all loose items from the trunk, so most
>anything you'd have in there would come out anyway. Otherwise, so long as
the
>car is road-legal in the state of registration and passes the pre-autocross
>"tech" inspection, a less-than-pristine appearance in itself would not bar
>you from competition.

After looking at the picture of your unfortunate Spit, if I was doing tech
at the SE VTR I'd want to be sure the deck lid isn't going to fly off and
hurt someone and that there's nothing inside that might come out.  I'd also
want to make sure the rear end's still attached properly and pointing
generally in the right direction and that the tires aren't going to be
making contact with the body anywhere.

Given the venue (airport taxiway), its possible that this could have some
fairly high speed sections so you'll want to make sure its safe.

Hope to see you there..
Don Marshall
TR4 EP