Re: [TR] What do you think ?

To: auprichard@comcast.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] What do you think ?
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 08:56:59 EST
Andrew,

I logged all of my sweat equity (hours I spent working on my car in my
restorer's shop) plus my own personal hours working at home and it came to 1151
 hours.  Needless to say those hours were non-billable!!!  I'd have to  go
back through my invoices to add up the billable hours from the shop owner
for  things I couldn't do but I would say that 1200 to 1400 total hours would
not be  unreasonable for a complete body-off-frame restoration of a TR6.

So, using my hours and a labor rate of $75/hour for example, if someone
were to hire a shop to entirely restore a TR6 from "bottom-up" to concours
condition, the labor component would be at least $90,000.....a number that is
absolutely frightening by any measure of sanity if that person was doing
the  restoration in hopes of reselling at a profit!

Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs, Ltd.
Skippack, PA
1976 TR6  CF57822U

In a message dated 12/28/2009 6:28:40 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,