TR6 HEAD 72 0R 74: INTERCHANGEABLE?

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 HEAD 72 0R 74: INTERCHANGEABLE?
From: "Gabriel Ige" <gige@global-merchants.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 08:05:04 -0800
folks

I bought a head from a guy who claimed the head came off of a 72 TR6 Mine is
74 TR6. Since I want to rebuild the head while I am still driving my car
around and just take it to the shop for head swapping when I am ready. Does
anybody you know if these heads are interchangeable? I am very curious
because the parts books specify  valve exhausts, seat and guides as :
"through 72, and different for TR6 73 to 76. Is this just for the valves?
Will the head fit my 74 TR6 once rebuilt?

I eagerly await your response before I jump into rebuilding this head only
to find out it will not fit my block.

Thanks in advance.

Gabriel
74 tr6