FW: "b" post panels

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: FW: "b" post panels
From: Ben Heller <ben.heller@gses.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 09:52:50 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Heller
Sent: Thursday, March 02, 2000 9:52 AM
To: '6 Pack List'
Subject: "b" post panels

I am replacing my rear fenders on my six. I have the fenders off and I am
cleaning up rust and preparing the inner fender for paint. The back section
of the "b" post where the fenders bolt on is badly rusted and need to be
replaced. I bought replacement panels. How would I go about seperating the
back part from the front (door jam) without damaging the front section. It
has a bunch of spot welds. I tried an air chisel but it started to cut into
post panel before breaking the weld. Could I shave most of the back of the
panel down with a sawzall and put the fender back on? Would that screw up
the alignment of the fender?

Ben Heller
73 TR-6 itching to drive
Baltimore, Md