RE: thermostat and EGR

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: thermostat and EGR
From: twinter@lsu.edu
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2000 09:00:54 -0600
Actually, it's just the temperature gauge, so I don't think it is a bigger
electrical problem (knock on wood).  I'll probably just replace the
thermostat, temp transmitter, and gasket and see if that makes the gauge
come back to life.  Only about $20 in parts anyway, and I think I have a
spare gauge lying around somewhere.

Thanks for the replies.

Ty

>If the thermostat AND the gas gauge and not working, consider replacing
the
>voltage stabilizer location behind the tach.

John Sullivan
70 Tr6 "Bingo"

The temp gauge in my 6 no longer works.  Is there any conventional wisdom
about what fails, the gauge or the temp transmitter?  I'll probably replace
the transmitter, thermostat, and gasket, just for kicks, but I was just
wondering if there was a clever way to tell which one is out.

Also, I broke the brass nut that attaches into the intake manifold,
allowing
the EGR valve elbow pipe to connect to the intake manifold.  I recently
picked up another intake manifold that had the a cap where the EGR elbow
pipe should go into the intake manifold.  So, I capped mine as well.  I
don't see any problems other than the EGR valve (which looks like it is
inoperable anyway) venting into the engine compartment/atmosphere.  Anyone
see any mechanical problems with that setup?