RE: exhaust fumes

To: "6 Pack (E-mail)" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: exhaust fumes
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2000 06:42:55 -0600

Mike,

What kind of exhaust system do you have? It may be possible that the
tailpipes on your car are a length that when combined with the car's
aerodynamics, are causing the expelled exhaust gases to be "sucked" back
into the cockpit when the roof is down or the windows lowered. It sounds
like everything else is sealing properly (trunk seal, roof, windows, gearbox
tunnel, firewall plugs/grommets, etc.). Search the triumph list archives
<http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=triumphs> for "fumes exhaust"
and you'll get some discussion on this topic. It seems sometimes the
tailpipes don't extend far enough behind the car and the exhaust is expelled
into the vortices behind the car which then causes the gases to enter the
cockpit.

HTH.

Peter Zaborski  CF58310UO