Re: sport coil

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: sport coil
From: edwin.mcguirk@db.com
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 10:26:18 -0500
By the way, there is a very good book explaining all types of ignition:

The Doctor's Step-By Step Guide to Optimizing Your Ignition
                     by Christopher A. Jacobs
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0965085600/qid=981385546/sr=1-19/ref=sc_b_19/107-5976533-9799729

It is largely an advertisement for Jacobs electronic ignition but it has pretty
thorough coverage of other types of electronic ignition. It even has a nice
method for getting your car's horsepower curve with only a stopwatch. It was
written quite a while ago so it looks like he has come out with a new book that
covers his new products.

Performance Ignition Systems : Electronic or Breaker-Point Ignition System
Tuning for Maximum Performance, Power and Economy
                     by Christopher Jacobs, Christopher A. Jacob
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1557883068/qid=981385546/sr=1-9/ref=sc_b_9/107-5976533-9799729

I used to like Jacobs electronic ignitions but I have seen tests that make me
think that his stuff is no better or worse than any other quality manufacturers
ignition. (and his stuff is a bit more expensive)

But his book was very good. A little light reading for the winter?

Ed McGuirk
76 TR6
86 Rx7
88 MR2 Supercharged