Placement of engine compartment decals and labels

To: "TR6" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Placement of engine compartment decals and labels
From: "Charlie and Linda Duckworth" <cnlduckwor@ninenet.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 21:45:42 -0600
I've been cleaning up my engine compartment for the past three years from a
thick coat of undercoating the PO applied.  The nice thing is the BRG paint
is coming out 'like new' as it had not been exposed to the engine heat, dirt
or oil over the years.  The PO told me he'd replaced the bonnet due to a
bicycle dropping on it and the driver's wing has been replaced sometime in
the car's lifespan (I can tell because there a two small holes on top of the
inside of the fender where the earlier ID panel went vs the later years
having it moved to the B post by the door, the turn signal was also
white/amber vs all amber as on the passenger side which is correct for 1976.

With these sheet metal changes over the years one thing is missing is the
various decals or labels that went in the engine compartment.  As I look at
photos in Bill Piggott's new TR4/5/6 book there are really no clear photos
as to what decals or labels went in the engine compartment for a 1976.  Does
anyone on the list have a url that shows what the proper decals/labels
should be for a 1976 model year I can use for  reference in replacing these
items.

Thanks  - Charlie