Here are the torque settings for Caliper bolts

To: Btp44@aol.com
Subject: Here are the torque settings for Caliper bolts
From: dstauffa@csc.com
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 10:47:42 -0800
FYI,

the torque specs for the bolts are:
7/16" (inside pair) 75 ft lbs.
3/8" (outside pair) 45 ft lbs.

Thanks to TRF technical assistance line.

I separated and reassembled my calipers 4,000 miles ago and have had no
problems.

Best of luck.

Dave Stauffacher
Ramona, Ca
1970 TR6 CP51649

Btp44@aol.com@autox.team.net on 02/20/2001 10:27:32 AM

Please respond to Btp44@aol.com

Sent by:  owner-6pack@autox.team.net

To:   6pack@autox.team.net
cc:
Subject:  Re: torque settings for Caliper bolts "Desperate" ( Long)

I separated and reassembled my calipers many years ago before the dire
warnings about torque setting. I have not encountered any brake problems.
Moss lists the o rings, which should be compatable with brake fluid.  Most
generic o rings are made of nitrile or vitron and will nor resist brake
fluid. I think that ethylene propylene or silicone is the correct material.
Maybe someone has a connection at Girling that could explain the torque
concern. Berry