Re: Air Injection Manifold

To: "John Zimmerman" <JohnZimmerman@vandorndemag.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Air Injection Manifold
From: Jeff Johnson <76TR6@flashcom.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 19:31:22 -0500
John,

Just did mine a couple of months ago. Had to dill and tap the manifold
after this b*$&%h of an exercise. Replaced them with hex head set screws
and figure that I'm better off not having to mess with the associated smog
pump, plumbing, diverter valve, gulp valve, etc ( you get the idea). But,
I'm no longer subject to emissions tests in Ohio and couldn't be happier.
Not that any of the state-mandated yayos knew about any of this stuff to
begin with-they never checked. Just for a lark, I'm going to take my car in
after I get it back together and have it checked sans all the federally
mandated stuff.(I know the manager of the test facility). Bet it comes thru
with flying colors.

Cheers,
Jeff " I'll post the results" Johnson

P.S. I checked on the price of the air injection manifold and it was on the
far side of $300!

t 10:11 AM 2/27/01 -0500, John Zimmerman wrote:
>Good morning,
>
>I have a quick question.  Does anyone have a trick for removing the air
injection manifold from the exhaust manifold (do we need it)?  I've been
soaking it down with WD-40 and tried a Bernz-O-Matic torch last night.
Didn't work.   Any tips would be greatly appreciated.