Shocks, Rear Hubs, Silicone Fluid.....

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Shocks, Rear Hubs, Silicone Fluid.....
From: mjmullin@juno.com
Date: Sun, 4 Mar 2001 10:54:58 -0500
Hi Listers!

Three things I thought I'd say:

1) As one lister said, it is very difficult to get the rear hub flange
off without bending it.  Fortunately, I was able to buy new hub flanges,
as the axle and bearing carrier were re-usable.  This is a tough one
without special tools to support the flange!

2) To the person who asked about heavier weight shock oil: an issue of
Grassroots Motorsports talked about putting 30 wt. oil in the rear shocks
(TR3 racecar) to stiffen them up.  I'm currently using Redline synthetic
motorcycle fork oil, a 50/50 mix of medium and heavy.  Redline's
telephone techs are very helpful.

3) Did Valerie (sp?) mention that racing silicone brake fluid is
available?   Does anyone have a source for this????  Is it any stiffer
than the current spongy silicone fluid???

Thanks, Matt Mullin - CC 28040 LO
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!