TR6 Gearbox Tunnels (ABS v. Fibreglass)

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: TR6 Gearbox Tunnels (ABS v. Fibreglass)
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2001 12:18:20 -0500
Topic pretty much sums up my email, I'm looking for feedback on which type /
supplier of the gearbox tunnels worked best.  To my knowledge there are at
least three.

a)    ABS Plastic (from most anybody)
b)    Fibreglass (from Smoothline)
c)    Fibreglass (from VB)

When I did my clutch in May of 1999, I purchased the ABS Plastic one from
Moss.  The fit was HORRIBLE, and thus installation and subsequent drilling
of the securing holes was difficult.  Needless to say, I was never happy
with it or the installation job I did.  So are the fibreglass ones any
better?

Trying to tidy up the car before inspection in a few weeks!

Thanks,

Kai M. Radicke -- kai@radickemedia.com
1974 Triumph TR-6 -- Supercharged!
http://www.pil.net/~felix/supercharger/