Re: TR6 Gearbox Tunnels (ABS v. Fibreglass)

To: "Bill McIntire" <william.mcintire@wright.edu>,
Subject: Re: TR6 Gearbox Tunnels (ABS v. Fibreglass)
From: "Robert L. Gannon" <trsix74@home.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 15:26:21 -0500
I bought a ABS two years ago after my wife complained about having hot feet.
(I removed the old to find that the carpet was holding the OE fiber board in
place.) I covered the new one with insulation which was one side padding and
the other side foil. Glued it on with 3M spray glue, foil down. Did it all
in small pieces so that it conformed to the shell. Only problem was that
after putting the carpet over it, the center console was a very tight fit.
Managed to get all in place. I also used the double sided foam weather
stripping. Made my own holes for the bolts and used the OE Washer/Plates to
hold it down. Works well. No leaks. Gonna be a bitch to get out when it
comes to that time. In the mean time I am going to enjoy!