Occasional starter/ring-gear problems

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Occasional starter/ring-gear problems
From: "Paula J. Graffam" <pjgraffam@juno.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 11:17:02 -0500
Hi 6pack members,

    Here's the problem.  I just finished installing a whole new clutch
system including a new ring-gear from Moss.  I had a prior problem with
occasional starter grinding noise and no engine turn-over. I'm sure
you've all heard  that awful sound. The old gear was a little chewed up,
enough to warrent replacement, I felt.

  Everything is back together and every 10 to 15 starts it does the same
darn thing.
Yet when I want my mechanic to hear it - nothing- it turns over 30x in a
row! Perfect engagment.   Any suggestions out there?

Al Graffam---Suffield, Ct.
74TR6 French Blue
CF16017
GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!