fuel tank

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: fuel tank
From: Opntop@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 22:33:12 EST
I sealed the inside of my gas tank a few years ago with a sealer from Por  or
Eastwood I can't recall. The tank was not leaking but I wasn't gonna take it
out a second time . I followed their directions and coated the inside . I
sandblasted the exterior and painted it glossy black. Satin black might have
been a closer match. I professional welder friend of mine swears by those
sealers as he welded is tanks way too many times. I have had no problems so
far, although on a full tank gas is now seeping past the sending unit gasket.
It's always the little things...
Regards.
Sal
TR250