RE: Converting J type OD to P type?

To: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>, 6-Pack <6pack@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Converting J type OD to P type?
From: Gernot von Hoegen <avac@totalise.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 12:09:12 +0000
>===== Original Message From "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net> =====
>I hope someone can shed some light on this, I have a feeling it is complete
>hyperbole, but today I heard of a amateur TR racer in the midwest who claims
>that his J type overdrive has been converted to a P type (P type internals,
>uses J type case).  Apparently he is now able to use OD in all forward
>gears, and says OD engagement is instantaneous.

I think its a matter of wiring your od so that you can use it in all forward
gears. Wouldn't think your od lasts very long if you use it in first,
especially if your engine is tuned. Wouldn't think either that engagement is
instantaneous since it will be still clutch engaged so wouldn't make any
difference what type od it is.

............Gernot von Hoegen................
---------------- A V A C --------------------
  Sachverstdndige f|r das Kraftfahrzeugwesen
             Kronprinzenstr. 5
               52066 Aachen
                 Germany
Tel. (0049) 0241/159406 Fax (0049) 0241/159972
        Mobil (0049) 0171/5283280
Website http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/1048

InterMutual Healthcare from Totalise. Peace of mind at an affordable price.
Visit http://www.intermutual.com/health/