Converting J type OD to P type?

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Converting J type OD to P type?
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 16:59:15 -0500
I hope someone can shed some light on this, I have a feeling it is complete
hyperbole, but today I heard of a amateur TR racer in the midwest who claims
that his J type overdrive has been converted to a P type (P type internals,
uses J type case).  Apparently he is now able to use OD in all forward
gears, and says OD engagement is instantaneous.

Any knowledge of this?  John Black any comments?

Said amateur racer also claims 242bhp (dyno'd) from his TR6 motor.  I dunno,
I know he is running Richard Good's 300ZX rear conversion - Richard
confirmed he sold one to this person.  I also know he has a bunch of
Richard's other stuff on his car.

Keep an eye out for this car at the summer party... he has all intentions of
kicking everyone's arse.

Kai

--
Kai M. Radicke -- kai@radickemedia.com