Coker tires

To: 6Pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Coker tires
From: "Walter Fogle" <lbc4me@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 21:28:57 -0000
Hello Listers:

Please forgive me for bringing up the subject of tires again...Who out there
has the "Coker Classic" redline tires mounted on your car?  What am I
sacrificing in safety and handling by using these tires?  Are you happy with
the performance of the Coker tires?

I've tried to access the archives but have been unable to connect.  I just
received 3 of 4 "Coker Classic" redlines, 185R15 which I'd planned to mount
on newly purchased 8 spoke alloy wheels.  One tire is still in transit.  I'm
replacing a set of 7 year old Michelin redlines that are mounted on the
stock wheels and starting to show some sidewall cracks.

These Coker tires look darn skinny ( still wrapped up tightly, of course).
So much so, that I'm concerned that I should use a new style tire
(P20570R15).  I'd already considered the Pirelli P400 but wanted to keep the
vintage redline look.  I'm conflicted!  HELP!

Best regards,
Walt Fogle
'69 TR6, CC30689L
Woodinville, WA