RE: Coker tires

To: "6 Pack (E-mail)" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Coker tires
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 19:18:23 -0700

One problem I see with this claim is that a tire which was made to have a
"line" on it will have the raised letters (and other characters, icons,
logos, whatever) positioned so that the line does not interfere with them.
On a tire with no line (which I assume is what these line adder people use),
the raised letters/logos would likely use the very part of the sidewall
through which the line ends up going. I can't believe there would be a
convenient strip of solid black sidewall onto which the line could be
applied. IMO the applied line would look extremely cheesy -- kind of like
putting on wire wheel hubcaps on regular steel wheels, braided steel hose
wraps on rubber hoses, Neuspeed racing decals on the windshield, etc.. Or am
I missing something about non-lined tires (ie. blackwalls)? Anyone have a
good close up pic of the "lined" tires?

Peter Zaborski (CF58310 UO -- cheese free!)