Re: TR6 cyl compression

To: "Jim Woollcott" <jwgw@home.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 cyl compression
From: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 21:16:19 -0500
> On my''73 the cylinder compression tests between 115 and 120 with hot
> engine,  all plugs removed and throttles propped open. As I believe i've
read ?
> others claim 150 + this seems quite low, but the engine runs well and
idles
> nicely. I see no standard in the Bentley manual, so I would be interested
> learn what  the low, med and high range would be, and if indeed i,m low
what > the remedies are. Thanks Jim Woollcott, Asheville

Well for comparison, today I did a compression check on a GT6 (same motor,
500cc less), and the figures were 160, 161, 162, 163, 160, and 163.  Very
nice for a used motor!  I believe when I did a compression check on my TR6
oh, two years ago, the figures were all around 145-150.

Try adjusting the valves, see if that helps some.  If no help, find a shop
who can do a leak down test and figure out where you are losing pressure
from.

Kai