Re: Weber DGV Carbs

To: TR6me@cs.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Weber DGV Carbs
From: Trsx69@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 23:29:11 EST
Hi Mark,
My two cents and experience with the down draft webbers would be don't even
bother putting them on!  First, they dump way too much fuel into the engine,
which can wash out the cylinders.  Even on race engines we had better results
with the big SU's or Richard Goods triple strombergs.  The way they come from
the box they have to be rejeted down, like trial and error.  The only luck we
had with them was on the Supercharger setup, because the big SU went flat on
hard excelleration.  Also you'll need to hook up a PCV system, either TR4A
setup or TR250/Early 6 to prevent the blow-by.  I do have one friend who
really likes them, but he never really gets on his car.  Also if you start
dumping that much fuel into a freshly rebuilt engine, you might not get the
rings to seat in properly.  You have to ask why are they in such good
condition and why did the P.O. get rid othem.  Just my two cents.
Jim Holewka
80 TR7-V8
Wayne New Jersey