Re: Driveshaft woes

To: lbc4me@hotmail.com, 6Pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Driveshaft woes
From: "James A. Tabor" <jatabor@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 15:25:51 -0400
Hello 6pack,

I too have worn driveshafts which make a slight clunk
when shifting. not all the time. the diff. has been rebuilt
and the mounts are all brand new and tight. i can feel a little
play in the splines on the side shafts going from the diff.
to the wheel hubs. Not sure what condition my main shaft is in.
I wonder if I should have it balance as well...?

is this normal or should i try to find news or good used ones?
any source recommended? i did pick up a couple used shafts, but
they also were worn, so i tried mix and match to no avail.

thanks!

JT