funky brake light

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: funky brake light
From: RPVanLuchene@lbl.gov
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 16:25:01 GMT
I noticed that my right brake/tail lamp is acting weird.
Both my tail lights work, but when I apply the brakes with the tail
lights on, the right one turns off instead of getting brighter.
I took the socket out, cleaned up the contacts & connectors and put in a
new bulb but it still does the same thing. I switched the wires at the
socket for the hell of it and when I turned the tail lights on, the
brake light filament lit up, and when I hit the brakes, nothing changed.

I have a test light but didnt have time last nite to check for voltage @
the multipin connector.

What do you guys think I should do to fix it?

Cheers,

Ryan
6/71 Sapphire